When determining if enrollment in a virtual course is the best educational decision for a scholar, the scholar and parent might consider the following information:
● Scholar has demonstrated time management skills that indicate the scholar is capable of submitting assignments and completing course requirements without reminders.
● Scholar has demonstrated persistence in overcoming obstacles and willingness to seek assistance when needed.
● Scholar has demonstrated verbal or written communication skills that would allow the scholar to succeed in an environment where the instructor may not provide nonverbal cues to support the scholar’s understanding.
● Scholar has the necessary computer or technical skills to succeed in a virtual course.
● Scholar has access to technology resources to participate in a virtual course.
● Scholar previously has been successful with virtual coursework.
Scholar’s who participate in the Virtual Education Policy are required to complete all Academic Assessments as outlined in our Charter including the Missouri MAP Assessment unless otherwise outlined in the Virtual Instruction Program Individual Learning Plan.